Why Join the CCAWR?
While we are an organization serving the interest of the Caribbean heritage community, you do not have to be of Caribbean descent to join us. We are an association of individuals from diverse backgrounds and interests, who share a love for and a deep fascination with the Caribbean culture and heritage. All we ask is that you share our Vision, Values and Objectives.
So, the question remains: why should I join the CCAWR? Well, aside from the tangible benefits of membership, we invite you to community – the sense of value and belonging, of being a part of something bigger than yourself, of caring and sharing and giving back.
As we work to fulfill our Mission and Objectives within the context of our Values and strive to realize our Vision, we invite you to Celebrate the Past, Shape the Present and Dream the Future with us.
Membership in the CCAWR provides you with opportunities that include, but are not limited to:
- Invitations to special events and programs
- Receiving annual reports and any other publications of the Association
- Active participate in the affairs of the CCAWR, with full voting privileges
- Meeting new members of our community
- Virtual and face-to-face interactions with people of similar interests
- Interacting with and engaging community leaders (business, political, social and cultural)
- Promoting Caribbean culture within the broader Waterloo Region and beyond
- Involvement in building/contributing to the development of the Waterloo Region
- Developing/enhancing your social, cultural and political awareness and skills
- Informing the development of policies that affect the Caribbean and broader community (social, cultural, political and economic)
- A sense of “giving back” to the community – personal gratification
- Advocate and mobilize for the advancement of the interests of the Caribbean community
- Networking/entrepreneurial opportunities within the heritage and broader community
- Discounted prices (5-10%) for attendance at CCAWR events
- Access to CCAWR gift items (swags), membership perks and discounted programs
Membership Types and Pricing
1 named adult
2 named adults
All must live in same household
1 named student
Valid student ID
1 named senior adult
Membership renewal fees are due and payable prior to the commencement of CCAWR’s fiscal year (January) and renewal reminders will be sent out by November each year. Failure to make payment by the end of the first quarter of the fiscal year (March) will result in the automatic termination of membership.
For persons joining during the fiscal year, fees for that year are prorated as follows:
|January to March||100%|
|April to June||75%|
|July to September||50%|
|October to December||25%|
We are thrilled that you have decide to join the CCAWR or to retain your membership. We value your interest in advancing the Objectives of our association and look forward to your contribution to the organization.
There are two options available:
By Phone: Please call 519-997- 2780 and speak to someone from our Membership Committee who will be happy to assist you.
By Mail: Print and complete an application form by clicking here or complete the renewal application mailed out to expiring memberships. Along with this document, please attach a cheque made payable to “CCAWR” to cover your membership fee, and mail to:
Canadian Caribbean Association of Waterloo Region
C/O Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Center
401-715 Fischer Hallman Rd.