Reports to: Board of Directors, CCAWR
Location: Region of Waterloo
Qualifications for eligibility
Qualifications according to Bylaw and the Constitution:
- A director shall be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of Waterloo Region.
- A director shall not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- No employee of the Association shall be eligible to be a director.
- Only members in good standing shall be eligible to hold office. Refer to Article 4.4.
- At least 3-5 years in an administrative role (paid or unpaid)
- Demonstrated ability to draft correspondence.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and maintain strong networks with organization partners.
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office (specifically Word, MS Teams, PPT)
Key accountabilities of the Secretary
The Secretary’s scope, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Being in complete charge of the Association’s books, records, and documents, subject to the direction and approval of the Board of Directors.
- Handling, sorting, and responding to all correspondence ensuring necessary distributions of such correspondence to Board Members.
- Notifying members of meetings, as well as for recording and preparing minutes of all membership and Board meetings.
- Preparing a yearly calendar of the Association’s activities, to facilitate effective coordination.
- Attending the Board and Members Meetings of the Association.
- Submitting to the Board for approval an annual work plan and budget, three months (3) prior to the end of the current fiscal year.
- Preparing any written correspondence on behalf of the Association.
In this role, the Secretary may be required to commit approximately 5 to 10 hours per month.
This is a volunteer position but the experience and skills gained will be beneficial.