Reports to: Board of Directors, CCAWR
Location: Region of Waterloo
contact_title title=’Qualifications for eligibility’]
Qualifications according to Bylaw and the Constitution:
- A director shall be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of Waterloo Region.
- A director shall not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- No employee of the Association shall be eligible to be a director.
- Only members in good standing shall be eligible to hold office. Refer to Article 4.4.
- At least 3-5 years in an administrative role (paid or unpaid)
- Demonstrated ability to draft correspondence.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and maintain strong networks with organization partners.
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office (specifically Word, MS Teams, PPT)
Key accountabilities of the Treasurer
The Treasurer’s scope, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Being in complete charge of the Association’s financial records, subject to the direction and approval of the Board of Directors.
- Bookkeeping and accounting practices that facilitate annual reporting of the CCAWR’s Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Issuing cheques for scholarship recipients, vendors and other accounts payable parties.
- Receiving payments from donors, sponsors and other accounts receivable parties.
- Support annual audits and tax filings.
- Monitor bank balances against future income and expenses.
- Provide monthly reports to the Board.
- Recommend practices to limit the organizations financial risks.
- Lead the finance committee
Each year the CCAWR’s events and programs impact thousands of persons in Waterloo Region in support of the organizations goals. Our annual budget of up to $100K is strategically managed to maintain our not-for-profit status and give our corporate and government partners full confidence in our abilities to execute towards our Vision and Mission
The successful candidate will have a CMA/CPA designation, be supportive of the goals of the organization, and be able to devote 1 to 2 days per month (on average) towards CCAWR’s activities.
In this role, the Treasurer may be required to commit approximately 5 to 10 hours per month.
This is a volunteer position but the experience and skills gained will be beneficial.