The objectives of the Caribbean Canadian Association of Waterloo Region (CCAWR) are as follows:
- To celebrate, promote and support the positive values and traditions of our diverse heritage, and to improve the quality of life of constituents, as well as for others who subscribe to our goals.
- To provide social, cultural and educational programs, including the awarding of scholarships that meet the needs of the membership and the community.
- To offer a wide range of culturally sensitive services which support the diverse needs of our constituents.
- To advocate on behalf of the diverse communities on various economic, social, political, educational and other relevant issues.
- To foster cultural integration and to help to develop a society in Canada built on the principle of racial justice.
- To collaborate with agencies and organizations that share similar values and goals.
- To acquire and hold real and personal property by purchase, bequest, lease or otherwise for the purposes of the Association.
To invest the funds of the Association in any securities in which, under the Ontario Trustee Act, the Board may invest funds, at its discretion.